The great philosopher Confucius gifted a lot of words of inspiration to organize our life and improve self-disciplines. Some of those words are most powerful mindfulness quotes in the modern world. I have learned a lot from those words of wisdom. One of my favorite mindfulness quotes is “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” said by Confucius.
50 Mindfulness Quotes From Confucius
Mindfulness is a practice of being truly present. It helps to ground us, keep us focused on the present, and can help us appreciate what and who is around us. It also has powerful healing effects. So I created some list of powerful mindfulness quotes and here is one of them. All these words of wisdom listed below have been said by Confucius.
- “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
- “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”
- Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be a failure.
- “Study the past if you would define the future.”
- It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
- “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.”
Who is Confucius?
Confucius was a Chinese politician, philosopher, teacher, editor. Confucius believed in self-discipline. In his philosophy, self-discipline was the main priority, He believed that in order to rule, a leader needs to be self-disciplined and humble towards his followers. By maintaining self-discipline and compassion towards his followers, he maintained a positive environment, and that’s led them to follow him.
50 Mindfulness Quotes From Confucius
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
- “He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.”
- “The funniest people are the saddest ones”
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.”
- “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”
- “If what one has to say is not better than silence, then one should keep silent.”
- “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.”
- “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
Powerful Mindfulness Quotes To Inspire
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”
- “If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.”
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.
- Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.”
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
- “Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.”
- “In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.”
- “The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.”
- “You cannot open a book without learning something.”
- “To be wealthy and honored in an unjust society is a disgrace.”
- “Time flows away like the water in the river. ”
- “If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.”
- “Silence is a true friend who never betrays.”
- “The superior man thinks always of virtue; the common man thinks of comfort.”
- “I will not be concerned at other men’s not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability.”
- “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
- “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
- “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
- “To see what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.”
- “To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.”
20+ Powerful Mindfulness Quotes To Inspire
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
- “Study the past, if you would divine the future.”
- “To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.”
- “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”
- “What you do not want to be done to yourself, do not do to others.”
- “Attack the evil that is within yourself, rather than attacking the evil that is in others.”
- To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
- It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
- “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.”
- “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”
- “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.”
- “Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.”
- “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”
- “The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.”
- “When anger rises, think of the consequences.”
- “It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs.”
- “Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society.”
- “The way out is through the door. Why is it that no one will use this method?”
- “Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself.”
- “Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.”
- “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”
- “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”
- “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”
Which quotes is your favorite? Do share it in the comment section.